Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Background


The Great Stone Face Award books are read all over New Hampshire by kids in grades 4-6. The books are chosen by The Great Stone Face Committee, anyone can join, and they select twenty -five recently published books. Their main focus in choosing is quality writing and kid appeal. In April, kids vote at their local libraries for their favorite book from the list of twenty-five. In May the winner is announced at a special tea and next years nominees are revealed. The winner in 2009 was Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.




I, Xavia, am on a mission to read all twenty-five of from the 2010 list in just a few short weeks! After I have read each, I will give you a summary of the book and my opinion. Please let me know if you have read the book and comment. I feel I must read every book to give them all a fair chance before I cast my vote next month.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts of the books you've read! Can anyone vote, or do you have to be in the 4th-6th grade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard about The Great Stone Face Award books but since I love to be current on what kids read I will take a look at the list very soon....and I will vote! You should provide the website for the readers too! I've heard about the Diary of a Wimpy Kid & plan to see the movie. If you see the movie, please tell us what you thought of it! Good luck reading all of those books!

    ReplyDelete