Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Funeral Director's Son


The Funeral Director's Son by Coleen Murtagh Paratore
This book was about a boy named Kip who someday might inherit the "family business"...his whole family...his great-great-great-great-grandfather started the place. That was when there was only one funeral home. Now there's a new place in town and its really hurting their family business. Kip however is not the type of person who likes to hang around dead people. His father is worried that he will not continue the funeral home business. And if Kip got the choice he wouldn't! Kip plans to combine his and his friend's money, buy a boat and sail away, far, far away!

Everyone in the family has one job except Kip,he has two, a secret one and job that his father picked. Kip may sound a little weird working at his family's funeral home, but he has friends too, three actually who all meet at a club called Guts, witch is located in a grave yard!

This book was so exciting that I read it in one day! It really kept me on the edge of my seat! There is a 78% chance that I will vote for this book!

2 comments:

  1. The description of this book reminded me of the movie, "My Girl", about a girl who lives at the funeral home with her dad and grandmother. Since I loved that movie, I think I'd like to read "The Funeral Director's Son." Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've actually seen the movie "My Girl" and I really love it, and the whole time I was reading the book I thought it sounded like that movie!

    ReplyDelete