Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Truth About Horses, Friends, & My Life as a Coward


The truth About Horses, Friends, & My Life as a Coward by Sarah Gibson
Sophie Groves and her family now own three horses, and Sophie doesn't like any of them. She doesn't like horses at all! The only reason people want to be friends with her is because she owns horses, and Sophie doesn't think that's a good reason at all. When one of Sophie's only friends begs her to take ridding lessons, Sophie is still scared. She becomes a little more comfortable ridding what she calls a "camp horse". It seems she always gets an old tired horse! After lessons Sophie is daring enough to try to ride one of her own horses!

I liked this book because I'm a little afraid of horses too! I would give this book a 85% chance of voting for it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid of horses too. It sounds like this book also has a good message about friendship as well. Keep up the good work and thanks for noticing the changes to my blog. P.S. I love the fish and I did feed them twie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie is a smart girl who understands the meaning of true friendship. Good for her that she found a friend who helped her overcome her fear of horses. Looks like a good book!

    ReplyDelete