Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Thousand Never Evers


A Thousand Never Evers by Shana Burg
Addie Ann Pickett is starting seventh grade at the negro junior high school, without her best friend Delilah. Things are already going wrong Addie's brother disappears and nobody knows if he's dead or alive. Addie used to work for Old Man Adams in his huge house, until he died. On the bright side, in his will he left his land to all the people in Kuckachoo, Mississippi to build a garden. After they plant the huge garden someone ruins it by planting butter bean seeds all over the whole thing! Addie's Uncle Bump is accused of doing it, he goes to court and Addie has to find evidence to prove Uncle Bump is innocent, but Addie is not even sure if he didn't do it!

This book was very exciting for me, it kept me up reading half the night! There is a 79% chance that I will vote for this book!

2 comments:

  1. I just love books that I just can't put down even if I'm supposed to go to sleep! This book could be a winner! How many more books do you have to read?
    I wish we had a chance to talk last night ... maybe we will chat next Weds. night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres 13 books left to read and I only have till May first! I'm verry nervous! I went to the library yesterday and requested them all!

    ReplyDelete